Sunday, March 23, 2008

Back to Bloggin'


Ok friends.... I know you all have been very disappointed in our lack of posting. I have been saying for weeks now that I am GOING to get back in to posting. So here it is 12:30 am and I am determined to get a new post in. It's amazing how time just slips away from you- especially when you have a little man who is growing like a weed! I can't believe how much he has grown since my last post!! He is now 8 months old- soon to be 9 months! almost crawling. He has the one leg scoot going on and tends to go the wrong direction when he finally figures out how to get on all fours. It is so cute. He is so cute. I'm not proud or anything.
He thinks he is big stuff now that he can pull up to a stand pretty much on his own. He babbles all the time- dadadada- and an occassional mumumumum. Of course it is usually when he is crying in his crib those few minutes before he drifts off to sleep. It just breaks my heart! There's nothing like hearing your own child cry mum mum. "mum mum please .... rescue me... " I have had to just say to myself- go take a shower or do something to occupy my brain- so I can be tough mommy and survive those 4 minutes of sweet sadness. I know it is good for him - he is really starting to get the hang of putting himself to sleep. Thank goodness!
Well, I must say- I'll be shocked if anyone still checks up on our blog- since we have been so slack. But here are a few new pics from my St. Patty's day (my bday party):) what fun!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

tara said...

I knew if I held out hope long enough, that there would be a new Surratt post one day. That beautiful day has arrived! After months of checking for new pictures, new info.... here it is!! YEAH!! The Banks family rejoices!

Anonymous said...

I check it every day and was so excited to see a new post! Miles is such a cutie pie. Mikey and I look forward to attending a playgroup soon.

Surratt Family said...

Thanks friends! It makes me smile to know I have faithful friends who held out hope for the Surratt blog!

Robinson Family said...

Hooray! The blogging world is at peace once again! Adorable St. Patrick's Day outfit. Props to the stylist and a belated happy birthday, Lisa.

Lindsay said...

YEAH! Welcome back! I adore his sweet shirt and face. I know how heart wrenching it is to let them fuss and cry..you are doing a great job!! and Miles will be blessed because he learned to fall asleep on his own!

Unknown said...

yay! the surratts are still here in the blogging world! woowhoo!

Jessica said...

yeah- welcome back!

Abby and Reese said...

He is gorgeous! I am glad you are back! I was just checking and thought if there wasn't anything new I might have to take it off my list! Hehehe, you posted just in time!

The Gotbeters said...

Yeah! You are back! He is the sweetest thing!