Friday, April 4, 2008

Boy's Best Friend...

Odie!!! Miles just loves little Otis! I have been pleasantly surprised with how good Otis is with Miles! He is less than 2 years old- definitely still a puppy- and yet he is so gentle with Miles. It seems like he understands that Miles is a little human. -that he is somewhat fragile. Miles, of course, thinks Otis is just the greatest thing since Boudreaux's Butt Paste. It's like a toy- but interactive! As you can see- Odie has these great big Mickey Mouse ears Miles can pull on - but surprisingly, Odie never really seems to mind! He is also very generous (too generous!) with big, sloppy, wet kisses all over Mile's face! I think Miles does notice that he often smells funny- sometimes really funny; but he always has a wagging nub to greet him! They love to wrestle with each other. I picked Miles up off his mat after a nice wrestling match to find Miles' head full of Odie's fur. Bathtime!!! I don't know how Odie is so good with him. Miles doesn't realize that when he grabs a big fist full of skin/hair - it probably doesn't feel the best. Somehow- Otis just grins and bears it! Don't worry... we don't just leave them to play on their own- for both of their safety!

Both Wrigley (I'll have to post a picture of him too...) and Otis have just adopted Miles as a little brother. Wrigley is much more the big brother- and definitely the protector. The other day Josh was playing with Miles and sort of lunging down at Miles playing the 'I'm going to get you' game & Wrigley (who has never hurt a fly... most of the time a pansie- really) jumped over top of Miles and barked at Josh! We were both shocked! But he was really trying to protect Miles! At first, Josh was a little ticked at Wrigley- but then realized that he thought Josh was going to hurt his little brother. -then we were proud of our eldest son! I am so thankful for two great dogs- who both love their little brother and are willing to protect him too!
Miles is also even more enamored with Daddy. I must admit- I am a little jealous that he says "da da" about one hundred times a day. I know some of it is just babbling- but now there is definitely a connection! I keep trying to get him to say "mama"- but I am starting feel like the dad on the Cheerios commercial! If you haven't seen it- the dad keeps trying to get his little boy to say 'Da da' - but the little boy just responds with "ma ma". Of course at the end of the commercial- they are sitting at the breakfast table as the little boy is eating cheerios in the highchair and dad is eating his bowl of cheerios, reading the paper- the little boy looks over and says "da da". It is so cute! If I were pregnant I would probably cry everytime I saw that commercial! Anyway... I'm sure my time will come!!


I had to post this picture too. This was Miles' grumpy day. He was woken up from his nap early by barking dogs and the doorbell- so he was NOT a happy camper! Nothing we did would make him happy. Finally, we reverted back to the faithful bouncy seat and a favorite Baby Einstein video. He is still so cute- even when he is grumpy!! :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Fromilles said...

oh my goodness, Otie is such a good boy! Who would have known?! I hope my two wild things shape up like him when we have babies!

I also love the grumpy Miles pic... it is too cute!

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny that the rainforest bouncy and the Baby Einstein video are your "when all else fails" that is Mikey's too (rainforest bouncy and all- although we had to upgrade to a toddler bouncy because Mikey kept flipping himself OUT of the rainforest one. He doesn't like to sit still!) We hope to see you soon!

Mandy Santos said...

Hey Josh, Glad I found your site! Your little boy is sooo...cute. Give Lisa a hug for me.

Robinson Family said...

Love the picture with Otis and Miles. Sampson would probably let a stranger in to take little Riley away if the price was right...food. What great watch dogs you have!

Matt and Brooke said...

Miles is a cutie! I've joined the bandwagon. I'm a blogger. Check out ours at www.morrisplusone.blogspot.com. Hope to see you Tuesday! B