Thursday, July 12, 2007

#1 Dad


I really have been in awe this past week with my life. The Lord has doused me with blessings! I am so thankful for my boys. Josh has been the most amazing husband to me for 6 years and now to watch the Lord mold him into a dad has truly been awesome. His love for Miles has made me love him more than I ever thought possible. He has been so patient with me and the 2am feeding frenzies. He has jumped in with both feet - helping out with all of the house work, changing diapers during late night/early am feedings, bringing me breakfast in bed, and keeping us all on somewhat of a schedule. And all without me asking. He has blown me away in out serving me. He has made me feel more beautiful and more loved than ever- even with my mushy belly and leaky boobs! He has been so cute taking pictures of every waking moment- careful not to miss a beat of Miles' little life. I thought he might even document the 1st poopy diaper... I am glad he spared us! But really, I think this kid will be the most photographed child around!
Anyhow, I write all of this in great gratitude to Josh for all of this - and the Lord for his awesome blessings of an amazing husband and a beautiful baby boy. If I even get started on my love for Miles- I am afraid my postpartum hormones will leave me a sappy puddle of tears on the floor! He is truly more than I could have asked or imagined!
I thought I'd share a few pictures of Miles and Daddy taking an afternoon
nap. Aren't they cute?! He certainly looks like he has made himself his own personal throne upon daddy's lap. There really is nothing sweeter to me than these two boys!

1 comment:

Doug said...

Lisa & Josh,
I've really got to stop reading this blog.... You have a way of sharing that makes the "good" bring back all the warm, fuzzy memories, and makes the "not-so-good" seem not so bad... Dee and I ALMOST want another baby! Ok, that statement probably isn't a true reflection of Dee's feelings, and I haven't gone completely insane, but reading and sharing all of this with you guys is so much fun, and definitely reminds us of when our boys came along. Keep up the good work, both as parents & spouses, and as bloggers. We love you guys.