Tuesday, August 28, 2007

4 Generations of Surratts...and a little more!

Miles' Great Grandpa was in town this week and they got to spend some quality time together. I thought this was a cool picture - 4 generations of Surratts in one picture. It's kind of crazy when I start to think of some of the history that is there. 3 out of 4 of the Surratts that are pictured are pastors. I don't know what Miles will do when he grows up, but I am thankful for the groundwork that my dad and grandpa have laid for him. Because they have chosen to give up their lives for God, Miles will have every opportunity to grow up with the knowledge of Jesus' love for him.



In other developments:






  • Miles sat in the bumbo seat for the first time. This is definitely dad's favorite wake time activity!


  • Mom started a new mom's small group on Tuesday mornings. Miles is meeting lots of new friends...and mom is getting to spend some time with some adults!




  • I love our bedtime routine. We feed him, change him into his pj's, sing him 4 songs (Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and You are My Sunshine), pray with him, and put him down to sleep while he's still awake. We are so proud of him for learning how to get himself to sleep! Now if only he would sleep a little longer!


  • Lisa and I have been reading some great parenting books that have helped us develop a gameplan with Miles. I'll post on that later.

  • Miles is really embracing the Cubs as his favorite baseball team. Imagine that!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

He is such a cute little guy and I love the 4 generation pic- what a blessing to have such a Godly heritage....

Heather Plis said...

How awesome...all 4 Surratts! And way to go Miles, going to sleep on his own! That will prove to be a major blessing!

Gram said...

We just returned from a week in Michigan with Mile's other great grampa who just turned 85. It is so amazing how much he changed in that time. I missed him so much & his parents, Aunts, Uncles & cousins too! We had a great time but it sure feels good to get home.
Great picture of the Surratts!
& the bumbo seat! how cool!
& by the way the Mi family were tolerant of the fact that we all love the Cubs- since they are all Tiger fans. They did tell me that as long as it "ain't Cleveland" it's cool!
Thanks for telling the Miles' story. Gram

Nathan said...

I love the picture of Miles in the bumbo seat. He is sooo precious. We can't wait to meet him!

Amber

TulipGirl said...

I have a "four generations" photo when my oldest was about that age. . . That is such a precious thing to have, to see the faithfulness of the Lord through the generations.l